Accepting Applications for Part-Time Positions
The Beecher Fire Protection District is currently accepting applications for Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedics and Part-Time Firefighter/EMT-Basics
The Beecher Fire Protection District’s administration is dedicated to providing a progressive fire department for the community through personal and professional development of its staff. The BFPD operates with a part-time staff of 47 Firefighter/Paramedics and EMT-Basics, 3 full-time contract Lieutenant/Paramedics, 3 full-time contract Firefighter/Paramedics, a full-time Fire Chief, a part-time Deputy Chief, from one fire station located at 711 Penfield Street.
The Beecher Fire Protection District (BFPD) is an all-hazards ISO Class 4 fire department, responding to 1,000 calls for service annually to the residents of the Village of Beecher, Washington Township, and portions of Will Township. BFPD is an active organization within MABAS Division 27 and offers opportunities to participate in specialty teams: Combined Agency Response Team, Hazardous Materials, Water Rescue, and Fire/Arson Investigations.
The FF/PM or FF/EMT-B performs duties in the areas of emergency medical, fire suppression, hazardous materials, specialized technical rescue responses, fire prevention, and public education activities. These duties are above average in physical and mental difficulty. The FF/PM, FF/EMT-B is expected to maintain themselves, and all equipment in an “at the ready” status to respond. Responses will be at all hours of the day and night and in all types of weather. The FF/PM, FF/EMT-B position involves considerable public contact, preparation of thorough and complete written reports, reading comprehension, and public speaking. FF/PMs, FF/EMT-Bs are scheduled 12 to 24 hours on duty.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Certified Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal
- IDPH licensed EMT-Basic; Paramedic preferred, with ability to test into the Riverside EMS System
- Have valid Driver's License
- Not have any felony convictions
- New hires will be required to meet all department training and education requirements
- New hires will be responsible for patient care and completing all necessary patient care report forms
- New hires will perform interior and exterior structural firefighting operations
- New hires will be required to become familiar with district vehicles, operations, and Riverside EMS System and Region 7 SMO’s and BFPD policy and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Firefighter/EMT-Basic Starting Pay: $16.96/hour
- Firefighter/Paramedic Starting Pay: $18.75/hour
- New Hires can work up to 212 hours in a 28-day period (This does not include department training time or call back time during major events)
- Paid holidays (time and a half)
- Education tuition reimbursement
The selection process will include:
- Oral interview
- Background check including references
- Pre-employment medical evaluation including vision and other requirements in accordance with the most current National Fire Protection Association Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program for Fire Districts (NFPA 1582)
Follow the link below:
The completed application and required documents must be dropped off in person at the Beecher Fire Protection District Administrative Office 711 Penfield Street Beecher, IL 60401 - Monday through Friday from 8 AM – 4 PM.