Recruitment Notice for the Position of
PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC & FIREFIGHTER/EMT
The Beecher Fire Protection District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic and Firefighter/EMT. The position requires members to work 12 or 24-hour shifts. Part-Time employees can work up to 204 hours in 27 days (This does not include department training time or call back time during major events). Shifts are scheduled monthly based on a member’s availability through an online scheduling application. Part-Time members are provided uniforms through the District’s quartermaster and a holiday incentive is provided for select holidays worked.
• Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid Driver’s License
• No felony convictions
• Be certified or eligible for certification as Basic Operations Firefighter or Firefighter II through the Illinois Office of
the State Fire Marshal
• Be IDPH licensed EMT-B; Paramedic preferred, with ability to test into the Riverside EMS System
• Be certified or eligible for certification as Hazardous Materials First Responder - Operations through the Illinois
Office of the State Fire Marshal
Firefighter/EMT-B Starting Pay: $16.43/hour with a salary increase to $16.96/hour after 6 months of employment
Firefighter/Paramedic Starting Pay: $18.22/hour with a salary increase to $18.75/hour after 6 months of employment
Candidate Physical Assessment Test (CPAT) is desirable but not required.
Applications are available at https://www.beecherfire.org/content/employment/
Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of qualifications or be submitted in person between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the District’s Administrative Offices: 711 Penfield Street, Beecher, Illinois 60401.
Applicants will be subject to an interview, background examination, and medical evaluation before being considered for employment.
Questions can be directed to Deputy Fire Chief Michael Heusing at email@example.com
or by calling (708) 946-6585.
The Beecher Fire Protection District is an EEOC.